Are you finding the answer to Name the rainforest that is so big that the UK and Ireland would fit into it 17 times? If the answer is Yes, then this article will definitely help you find the correct answers.
Name the rainforest that is too big that the entire UK and Ireland would fit into it seventeen times
The correct answer to this question is Amazon.
The Amazon rainforest is habitat for a variety of flora and fauna. It is considered as one of the important ecosystems on the Earth. The Amazon rainforest is a diverse ecosystem that plays a vital role in the planet’s health.
8 Interesting Facts about Amazon
- The Amazon is the largest tropical rainforest of the world. It covers over 5.5 M square kilometres.
- The Amazon is located in South America, extended to Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, Venezuela, and French Guiana.
- The Amazon River is the network of hundreds of water ways that stretches to 6840 km. Although, most scientists argue that it is the second World’s largest after the Nile river.
- The Amazon has rich ecosystems containing 40,000 plant species, 3,000 types of fishes, 1,300 bird species, around 430 mammals and 2.5 million different types of insects.
- The Amazon is the habitat of fascinating and deadly creatures such as poison dart frogs, flesh eating piranhas, electric eels, jaguars and seriously dangerous venomous snakes.
- Due to, thickness of its canopy, the Amazon floors are always dark. It’s so thick that even when it rains, it takes around 10 minutes for water to reach the ground.
- One of the interesting facts about the Amazon is the fish found in it. The fish’s name is Pirarucu ( often known as paiche or arapaima). This fish can grow up to 3m long . And the thing that makes it super deadly is its teeth on the tongue or on the top of its mouth.
- Around 400-500 Amerindian tribes call Amazon forest their house. It is believed that around 50+ tribes have never contacted outside the world.
- In the year 2007, one man named Martin Strel swam the entire Amazon river! To complete his jungle journey, Martin powered through water for 10 hours a day for 66 consecutive days.
- The Amazon River that flows east-ward, once flowed west-ward but the rise of the Andes caused the Amazon River to flow in the Atlantic Ocean.
The Amazon rainforest is a unique and remarkable ecosystem that plays an important role in the planet’s health. It is a habitat of incredible diversity of animal species and plants, and its economic and cultural importance cannot be overstated. However, the Amazon rainforest is facing many threats that include deforestation also.
Also Read About: